These days, many people flock to various social media platforms to keep in touch with family and friends, get a wealth of information, and share what’s happening in their lives, just to name a few. That’s why social media has become such a huge influence on the way people interact and travel.
With such a wealth of information within our reach, we can easily learn more about any destination even before we set foot on it. So, it’s a great idea to harness our social media accounts to its full potential. That’s why we’ve partnered up with the good folks at Alpha Car Hire to help you get the most out of your journeys.
- Do some advanced scouting online. Many social media platforms use geo-targeting. This feature is handy when you want to check out some areas in real-time. Just do a simple search like you would on Google, or you can check out the hashtags being used.
Speaking of hashtags, you can snoop around Instagram or Twitter to get an idea of what food is being served on a restaurant you are planning to visit, for example. Lots of people are more than happy to share their experiences and share photos of these establishments.
- Use social media for inspiration. Sometimes, we can find ourselves stuck on where to go next. Luckily, many travel bloggers share their content on social media. You can get inspired by their experiences on their blogs or even get some handy travel tips.
The best social media platforms to get visual inspirations are Instagram and Pinterest as these are highly focused on images and graphics.
- Download the best social media apps for travelling. Aside from the usual suspects, like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, you can also use other lesser-known apps that are great for sharing your travel experiences.
For example, you can use Foursquare, which is good for searching nearby attractions, and read reviews or check out ratings that were given by other travelers who’ve been to these locations or establishments.
- Get special perks or upgrades using social media. Sometimes, you can stumble upon a restaurant where you can get some freebies or perks by simply liking their Facebook page or publicly sharing an image of the meal you had ordered. If you have an online blog, you can also do sponsored coverage for these restaurants to get advantages like free food, merchandise, discounts, etc. Moreover, these partnerships, along with SEO marketing methods (learn more through https://victoriousseo.com/markets/small-business-seo/), can increase traffic on your blogsite and make your blog as well as travel plans successful.
This is a great way to spread the word and generate buzz from customers who are active on social media and drive more business to their establishments. That’s why you should be aware of these perks that you can only enjoy on digital platforms.
- Look for special deals. Who doesn’t want to save some money or get hold of special deals for travelers like yourself? Many businesses often launch their exclusive promotions online because they know that’s where they can reach a lot of people and potential customers.
So, if there are some establishments you are interested in, you can like or follow their official Twitter accounts or Facebook business page to stay updated on these special offers. You can also search online for carmel valley lodging (or for other locations) to learn about the latest deals and discounts, which can help you reduce travel expenses.
- Use social media to crowdsource. Sometimes when a Google search isn’t enough to find the information you’re looking for, you can go on Facebook, for example, to get suggestions or tips from your friends. You can also send out a tweet or use a related hashtag on Instagram and get some feedback from users who are outside of your network. However, if you’re an influencer or hope to be one in the near future, companies like Growthoid may be able to assist you in gaining more followers, which will help you crowdsource more effectively than asking for suggestions from people who aren’t following you.
- Join groups on social media. A great way to connect with people who are interested in a specific topic is by joining groups. Many active members are happy to share their personal experiences, and you can even make new friends. It’s also a handy way to get ideas from locals. Just make sure that these social media accounts are legit as there are plenty of fake accounts out there.
By using these tips, you can make the most out of your travel experiences. So, use these social media platforms wisely and enjoy some benefits while you’re travelling. If you have other tips in mind, we’d love to know. Please share them in the comments section below.